Glamorous Winter Wreath
This non-traditional DIY winter wreath is great for hanging on a door or on your wall. Embellished with beading and pearl garland, this door wreath can easily be on display throughout the winter season. You could even use this wreath to frame your favorite family photo. You could even embellish this wreath with fake spiders to make it perfect for Halloween! This is a great beginning project that's easy and fun to make!
- 2 blocks of 12" x 4" x 2" STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam
- 2 blocks of 8" x 4" x 2" STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam
- Quilt batting
- 3 strands of assorted silver/crystal/pearl bead garlands, 9"
- Floral pins
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fine-line black permanent marker
- Wooden skewers, two
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut each foam block to measure 3" wide; discard scraps.
Cut four 2" lengths from wooden skewers. Use glue gun to glue one skewer halfway into each narrow end of 8" blocks. Place blocks vertically on work surface, 6" apart, with skewers extending toward top and bottom.
Apply hot glue to exposed skewer ends and push into sides of 12" blocks near ends, creating 14" x 12" x 2" wreath frame.
Wrap frame with batting; use glue gun to secure batting at foam sides and corners.
Refer to photo to wrap bead garland evenly around frame, leaving 24" lengths free at top center back of frame. Use glue gun and floral pins to secure garland, placing pins near back and sides of frame. Insert pins firmly into foam.
- Gather free garland ends together at top of wreath and secure to foam to form hanging loop. Spot glue floral pins for added strength; glue bits of batting to exposed pins.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Wreaths"
DIY Christmas and Holiday Wreaths
There are no records