Cedar Wreath Topiaries
Preserved cedar sprigs and red berries form holiday topiary; instructions provided for centerpiece and mini topiaries.
The large cedar topiary is a lovely, holiday-scented decoration. At your next holiday party, use the large topiary as a centerpiece and make mini topiaries for each guest. Display the mini topiaries at each place setting, and encourage guests to take the decorations home.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Wreaths: 10", 3-1/2"
- Balls: 2", 3"
- Terra cotta pots, 6", 2-1/4"
- Preserved cedar branches, 4 oz.
- Red berries, 1/8" - 1/4" dia., one stem
- Wire-edge ribbon, 1-1/2" x 1-3/4 yd., red/green plaid
- Spanish moss, 1 oz.
- Acrylic spray paint, green
- Felt, 9" x 12", tan
- Cardboard, 3" square
- Wooden dowels: 1/4" x 6", 1/8" x 4"
- Floral pins, u-shaped
- Wire, 22-guage
- Gravel or sand, 1-2 cups
- Serrated knife
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Spray wreaths green; let dry. Glue moss on wreaths, covering front and sides; save enough moss to cover tops of pots. Cut cedar into 3" lengths and berries into 2" lengths.
- Use about 4/5 of the cedar to cover the large wreath. Beginning at 3:00 position, glue sprigs to the front, inside and outside edges, extending clockwise. Glue each new piece just under the sprigs of the previous piece to hide the glue and cover the stems. Continue, until wreath is completely covered. Secure tips with u-pins as needed. Add berries, evenly spaced, between 8:00 and 4:00 positions. Insert and glue 2" of 6" dowel into bottom of wreath.
- Glue felt circle to bottom of 6" pot; glue 2" cardboard square inside of pot, covering hole. Insert 3" ball in pot, trimming as necessary to fit; glue ball in pot. Insert and glue wreath dowel in foam ball; wreath should be even with rim of pot. Fill pot with gravel; cover top with moss.
- Using 1-1/4 yds. ribbon, make a bow with six 2-1/2" loops and 4" tails. Glue to bottom of wreath.
- For small topiary, glue remaining cedar and berries to wreath, following directions in Step 2. Insert and glue 1-1/2" of 4" dowel into bottom of wreath.
- Glue felt circle to bottom of small pot. Glue a 1" cardboard square inside pot, covering hole. Insert 2" ball in pot, trimming as necessary to fit; glue ball in pot. Insert and glue wreath dowel in foam ball; wreath should be even with rim of pot. Fill pot with gravel; cover top with moss.
- Using remaining ribbon, tie a shoestring bow with 1-1/2" loops and 3" tails; glue to bottom of wreath.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Wreaths"
DIY Christmas and Holiday Wreaths