Blue and White Paper Doily Wreath
Learn how to make a wreath that still stun your guests. This Blue and White Paper Doily Wreath is pretty and delicate, making it perfect for winter. Since it doesn't scream Christmas, you can leave it up all season long. Recycle ornaments or grab a bunch from the dollar store to decorate your wreath and add some much needed color. You don't need to create your own doilies, either - just grab a pack from your favorite party supply store and get down to business.
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- Twig ring with a diameter of 8”
- Pack of white round paper doilies with a diameter of 9”
- 30” of 0.7” wide silver edged blue sheer ribbon
- Five 2”-long blue Christmas baubles
- Three silver bells
- Silver Christmas bead-and-bells chain
- Standard scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut 6.4” from the ribbon, make a loop with it and hot glue it to the top of the wreath.
- Fold a doily in half, then pinch it in the center and ruffle it up towards the centre of the doily to form a flower. Add a drop of hot glue to the twig ring and glue the centre of the doily flower to the ring.
- Add the second doily in the same way, gluing it right next to the first.
- Keep adding doily flowers until the twig ring has been covered.
- Hot glue the baubles in place.
- Hang the wreath and look carefully for any openings that need to be filled. If necessary, use half of a paper doily to fill in small openings, and then hot glue the silver bells to the wreath.
- Hot glue the one end of the bead-and-bells chain to the back of the wreath. Twist the chain around the wreath. Cut off any remaining chain and hot glue the second end of the chain in place at the back of the wreath.
- Make a bow with the remaining ribbon and neatly cut the ends of the bow. Hot glue it to the bottom of the wreath.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Wreaths"
DIY Christmas and Holiday Wreaths