Wooden Reindeer Ornament
Rudolph can be part of your holidays this year, as this pieced wooden ornament made shining and bright.
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG04 - Sand --- NEW!!
- DAG65 - Dark Chocolate --- NEW!!
- DAG265 - Tuscan Red --- NEW!!
- Unfinished wood pieces, 2" disc/circle; two 1 5/8" spruce trees, Lara's Crafts
- Use Sand to paint tree shapes and let dry.
- Use Dark Chocolate to paint roundhead plug, teardrops, and circle; let dry.
- Refer to photo for placement of ears. Glue wide ends of teardrop shapes to circle. For muzzle, glue roundhead plugs over lower center area of circle. For antlers, glue narrow end of tree shapes to back of circle behind ears.
- Use end of paintbrush handle dipped in Sand to paint medium dots for eyes; let dry.
- Use end of paintbrush handle dipped in Black to paint small dots over eyes for pupils. Let dry.
- Use end of paintbrush handle dipped in Tuscan Red to paint large dot for nose over lower center of muzzle; let dry.
- For hanger, fold ribbon in half with opposite sides of ends aligned together to form loop. Glue ends together and to back of ornament shape.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 13, 2016
As another commentor said, it does look more like a pig than a reindeer. It needs a few touches. Like no little pointy ears, make the head rack bigger, and the face not as round. I think I can do that. I am going to play plastic surgeon to Rudolf
iteachbeauty 97154 16
Nov 22, 2010
This idea is so good. I have a country kitchen decorated with sheep, cows, chickens, pigs etc. I have looked in vain for cute ornaments to decorate a wreath and a small tree I use in there for decoration at Christmas. Your idea of a reindeer jumpstarted my own creative juices. I can make my own ornaments!!!! (and have the animals I want) by using your great idea. Thanks a million.
Nov 22, 2010
this reindeer looks more like a pig than a reindeer.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use