Stunning Silver Holiday Decor
Silver winter decorations, like this Stunning Silver Holiday Decor display, is just what you need to jazz up your mantel or front room table. Made using a secret ingredient (HINT! you probably have it in your kitchen right now!), this decorative Christmas craft is also perfect for having out on display for your upcoming New Year's eve celebration! Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, this winter decor is sure to liven up your home this holiday season...and if you surround these winter decorations in fairy lights, you'll have a display that literally sparkles and shines all season long.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Cones: 6” and (2) 12”
- Balls: 3” and (2) 4”
- Cube: 3”
- Tin Foil
- Acrylic Paint: Silver
- 1” Wide Metallic Wired Ribbon: Silver
- 15mm Square Leather Studs: Silver
- 15mm Round Jumbo Tacks: Silver
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- Cut pieces of foil to fit around the cones, one 4” ball and the 3” ball. Wrap foam shapes and glue edges of foil to secure in place.
- Embellish the foil cones and balls with the metallic ribbons, silver studs and thumbtacks.
- Paint the remaining 4” ball silver and let dry. Insert a toothpick into the ball for a handle while painting. Glue the thumbtacks side by side around the ball to completely cover.
- Glue the square studs side by side around the cube to completely cover. Bend in the prongs from the studs at the corners of the cube to allow the studs to sit flush against each other.