Sparkling Snowflake Serving Tray
This winter, amaze your guests by serving hot cocoa and other treats on this whimsical Sparkling Snowflake Serving Tray. Great for Christmas and New Year's parties, this serving tray is as fun to make as it is to display! You could even use this tray to showcase other festive winter decorations, such as ornaments, candles, and family photos.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - All-Purpose White (#51315)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Flat White (#SCS055)
- Krylon Brushed Metallic - Satin Nickel (#51255)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Shimmering Silver (#402)
- Unfinished wood serving tray
- Snowflake shaped wood cutouts
- Blue and/or silver toned gems
- Medium grit sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Do not prime the wood tray prior to painting. This leaves a much more “sheer” paint shade on the wood, making it glisten when coated with glitter spray.
Gently sand the unfinished wood serving tray and snowflake shaped wood cutouts with medium grit sandpaper. Wipe away any dust from the wood with a tack cloth.
Spray each of the snowflake shaped wood cutouts with Indoor/Outdoor Primer in All-Purpose White. Let dry for a half an hour.
Paint the snowflake shaped cutouts with a layer of Short Cuts Aerosol Paint in Flat White. Let dry for a half an hour before adding a second coat. Then, let dry completely.
Apply a layer of Glitter Spray in Shimmering Silver to the white painted snowflake cutouts. Let dry for an hour.
Paint the unfinished wood tray with Brushed Metallic Paint in Satin Nickel. Let dry for an hour before adding a second coat and drying again.
Apply a layer of Glitter Spray to the outside of the painted wood tray. Let dry completely.
Heat up the hot glue gun. Adhere a gem to the center of each snowflake shaped cutout.
- Adhere the snowflake shapes as desired onto the wood tray.
Read Next21 Snowflake Crafts for Adults
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.