Faux Embossed Snowflake Box
If you need ideas for handmade Christmas gifts, look no further than this Faux Embossed Snowflake Box from Tiffany Windsor. Use a vintage technique to create a unique look without any expensive tools or materials. This is a great piece to set out during the holidays.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (in the gold bottle)
- Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer (Matte or Gloss)
- Mache or wood boxes or shapes
- Snowflake pattern of your choice
- Clear tape (to create narrow applicator nozzle for bottle)
- Spray paint – white flat matte finish
- Acrylic paint (color of your choice for antiquing)
- Wet wipes
- Craft chalk and applicator
Trace or draw snowflake pattern onto box.
Draw over design lines with Aleene’s Tacky Glue.
Let dry until completely clear.
Spray with flat white spray paint. Let dry completely.
To antique, squeeze a small amount of acrylic paint onto wet wipe. Wipe over entire spray painted surface leaving the paint in the glue 0recesses but wipe all paint away from the raised glue areas. Let dry completely.
Use chalk applicator to rub craft chalk over raised surfaces of design. Blow away excess chalk dust.
Seal with Aleene’s Spray Acrylic Sealer.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out Aleene's Look of Embossing Snowflake Box.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.