Baby It’s Cold Outside Shadowbox Wreath
Make a stunning snowy winterscape inside a shadowbox for this beautiful project! This alternative to a traditional wreath makes fabulous wall decor or mantel decor this season. If you've never played with foil before, you're in for a treat! Learn how to use Deco Foil with a laminator to create the most beautiful shiny snowflakes to frame your sentiment. Select a stamp with a Christmas lyric of your choice to create the wreath's center. You will love this beautiful project and you can keep it up all winter long!
From the Designer: "Pretty winter blossoms and sparkling snowflakes are easy to make with an electronic cutter, Therm O Webs toner-printed papers and heat-reactive foils. It makes an amazing gift if you can part with it!"
Project TypeMake a Project
- 9”x9” wood shadowbox frame
- Gina K. Designs Foil-Mates Background, Holiday Flora (Therm O Web)
- Gina K. Designs Fancy Foils, Turquoise Sea (Therm O Web)
- Deco Foil PeelnStick Toner Sheets (Therm O Web)
- Deco Foil 12” Foil Laminator (Therm O Web)
- Adhesives (Therm O Web): Zots Singles 3D Adhesive Dots, UltraBond Liquid Adhesive
- Cardstock: white, silver glitter
- Silver sparkle twine
- Sheer silver ribbon, 1” wide
- Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut Design Studio for snowflakes & flowers
- Cricut White Vinyl and Transfer Tape
- Adhesive-backed gems for flower centers
Finished Size: 9”x9”
Using sparkle twine, create wreath shape on shadowbox insert and secure with UltraBond Adhesive; let dry.
Decide on shapes for wreath, choosing a mix of snowflakes and flowers. Cut enough snowflakes from white cardstock and glitter cardstock to fill wreath.
For flowers, use laminator to apply foil to a full sheet of PeelnStick Toner and to several sheets of Holiday Flora Foil-Mates. For best results, wipe toner-printed sheet with a soft, lint-free cloth, then place foil color-side-up on top of toner, inside a folded piece of parchment paper. Insert folded edge of parchment paper into hot laminator. Peel away transfer sheet to reveal finish.
Following cutting machine instructions, cut smaller flowers from foiled PeelnStick Toner Sheets. Cut larger flowers from foiled Foil-Mates.
Begin arranging snowflakes and flowers on wreath. When pleased with arrangement, secure shapes with 3D Zots. Save one flower to glue to bow.
Once all shapes are mounted, tie sheer bow and adhere to top of wreath with UltraBond Adhesive; let dry. Adhere flower to center with 3D Zots. Adhere gems to flower centers.
To finish shadowbox, follow cutting machine instructions to cut Baby It’s Cold Outside SVG file from white vinyl.
Using transfer tape, adhere phrase to glass of shadowbox.
Read NextChristmas Gnome Wall Decor