Fabric Wine Bag
Give your guests a unique experience and make this Fabric Wine Bag by Fawnda Norman for your next dinner party. Not only is this free sewing pattern great for entertaining, they also make nice holiday gifts!
- Here is what you will need for the Wine Gift Bag:
- Fabric (2 pieces 8 X 15 inches)
- Ribbon (I used a 24 inch length)
- Coordinating thread
- Optional: Frey Check
- Sewing machine and simple sewing tools like scissors
- Put right sides together and sew across the bottom. Then, Cut out 1 inch squares out of the bottom corners. (since I was using the pillow my bottom was already sewn)
- With Right sides together sew the sides. I use a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
- Square off your corners.
- Put your bottle in the bag and decide high you want your bag to go by folding down the top.
- Once you have decided, sew your casing for your ribbon. My ribbon is thin so I made a 1/2 inch casing. If your ribbon is thicker you are going to want to make a bigger casing.
- To sew your casing just sew around the bag making a little tunnel for your ribbon to go through.
- Make two slits in your casing where you want your ribbon to go through.
- Optional: use Fray Check on your slits to stop them from fraying.
- Put a safty-pin on one end of your ribbon.
- Push the safty-pin into and through your casing.
- Pull the ribbon so that it is even on both sides.
- Place on your bottle and tie a bow!