Tuscan Lights Candlesticks
If you are looking for a cool and creative way to spice up your evening meal, try creating these Tuscan Lights Candlesticks from Diamond Tech, which are both beautiful and easy to make. Plus, these candlesticks are easy recycled crafts and are a great centerpiece for an indoor or outdoor dining experience.
- Generation Green (g2)
- 1 Green Wine Bottle – 750 liter
- 1 Blue Water Bottle – 8 oz
- 1 Amber Bottle – 12oz
- 1 box of Small Glass Gems (MS269)
- 1 box Large Glass Gems (MS271)
- 3 assorted colored tapers
- E6000® adhesive
· Always, wear safety goggles when using glass-crafting tools. Everyday eyeglasses have only impact resistant lenses.
· To ensure top performance keep your bottle cutter blade oiled.
· Extinguish candles before they reach 1” above the mouth of the bottles.
Read and carefully following the instructions contained within the Generation Green (g2) bottle cutter manual.
1. Cover the work area with craft or newspaper.
2. Clean three glass bottles of varying colors. Measure and place a mark 10” down from the top of the first bottle, 8” on the second and 7” the last bottle, using a Sharpie® marker.
3. Using the bottle cutter, score and separate where indicated.
4. Smooth the rough edges as instructed in the bottle cutter manual.
5. Clean bottles and place the tallest bottle on an old pillow or a bag of rice. This will prevent the bottle from rolling as you are mosaicking the surface.
6. Use small 3/8” glass gems and glue them to the neck of the bottle. Each row of gems should be a different color. Allow to dry. Once dry add a row of 1 ½” glass gems in assorted colors to the shoulder of the bottle and allow drying.
7. Next, coordinate 3/8” glass gem colors to the remaining two bottle color. For example, we used a blue bottle with blue and green gems. Glue them on the bottle necks. Allow to dry.
8. Once each bottle has been embellished with gems, place them on a decorative Tuscany-style plate/tray cut side down.
9.Slip a tapered candle into the opening in the neck of each bottle, light and enjoy their beauty. Do not leave candles unattended.