Green Pendant Wind Chime
Turn old bottles into a chic outdoor decoration with this green pendant wind chime from Diamond Tech. These easy craft ideas a the perfect marriage of eco-friendly and stylish.
Love wine bottle crafts? View our entire collection of popular ideas in 30+ Things to Do With Old Wine Bottles.
- Generation Green (g2) bottle cutter
- 3 Glass Bottles in varying sizes: small, medium and large
- 8 Large Glass Beads (ranging in size from ¾-1” a little larger than the openings of the bottles)
- 36” cotton cord
- Cover the work area with craft or newspaper.
- Collect three bottles that will nest one inside of the other: large, medium and small.
- Measure 6” down from the top of the large bottle, 5” on the medium and 4” on the small bottle and mark using a Sharpie™.
- Using the bottle cutter, score and separate where indicated.
- Smooth the rough edges as instructed in the bottle cutter manual.
- Measure and cut a 34” length of cord. Make a knot on one end of the cord large enough to hold a 3/4” bead.
- Thread a bead onto the cord until it rests against the knot. Tie another knot 3” from the first and thread another bead onto the cord until it stops at the second knot.
- Thread the cord up from the bottom of the smallest bottle and through the neck, until the bead is snug against the opening in the neck of the bottle. Tie another knot and slip on a third bead.
- Measure 1 ½” above the third bead and make a knot. Add a fourth bead, make a knot, pull the cord through the bottom of the medium bottle and up through the neck.
- Add a fifth bead and another knot. Slide sixth bead onto the cord and make yet another knot.
- Thread the cord through the bottom of the largest bottle and up through the neck. Knot the cord above the lip of the last bottle, add 1” bead to the cord, and knot again.
- Measure 9” and make a knot in the cord. Create a loop by inserting a ¾” bead onto the cord, inserting the end back into the bead opening to create a loop. Secure the loop with a double knot to hold the bead in place.
- Hang the retro chime where a breeze can gently blow them and create a relaxing, peaceful, soothing sound.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Wine Bottle Crafts"
Wine Bottle Crafts
Combine your love of crafting with your love of vino with these stunning and simple wine bottle crafts. These crafts made from wine bottles and wine cork crafts help you recycle treasured bottles in brand new ways.