Wedding Dress Ornament
Cheap wedding favor ideas are the best when they're innovative. A Wedding Dress Ornament is definitely unique, and special for the guests to receive a keepsake of the bride's highest priority.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam Sheet, 36" x 12" x 1/2"
- Fabric of choice, 9" square: velvet; satin; taffeta
- White felt, 7" square
- White trims of choice, scraps: lace; braid; cording; pearl string
- White tulle, 6" square
- White double-sided satin ribbon: 1/8" x 1/2 yd.; 1/2" x 1 yd.
- Tools Needed
- Small serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Fabric marker
- Straight pins
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Utility knife with new blade (optional)
- Use sharp pencil to trace desired dress pattern(s) onto foam sheet.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Use serrated knife, or utility knife, to carefully cut out dress. For dress C, support foam sheet while cutting out space between arms and bodice to avoid breakage. Note: To cut cleanly around curves, first make several cuts from edge of foam in toward curved line at 90 Â° angle, spacing cuts 3/8" apart. Cut along curved line, removing excess foam sections.
- Use fabric marker to trace dress pattern onto wrong side of fabric. Cut out fabric 1/2" beyond traced lines.
- Glue fabric to front of dress. Clip excess fabric at curves and underarms; fold and glue excess fabric to sides of dress. Pin fabric to secure; let dry. For dress C, use small, sharp scissors to cut fabric covering space between arms and bodice; clip and glue excess into holes.
- Cut one 10" length from ribbon for hanging loop. Knot ribbon ends and glue to center back of dress.
- Trace dress pattern onto white felt; cut out. Glue felt to back of dress, covering ribbon ends.
- Glue 1/2"-wide ribbon around side edges of ornament, covering fabric tabs.
- Using photo as guide and trims of choice, decorate gown. For veil, gather one end of tulle square and glue to top back edge of dress.