Family Tree Vase
Looking for ideas for inexpensive centerpieces? Diamond Tech's Family Tree Vase shows the newlyweds love, and the branches it is beginning to make for all guests to see.
- KraftyBlok Image Art Paper™
- Clear Glass Bottle
- Etching Cream
- Painters Tape
- Paper Towels
- Bowl for Water
- Laser Printer
- Find a clear smooth glass bottle. The bottle featured in this project has three relatively flat sides.
- Measure the area needed for your images on each side of the bottle. Mask around the area with painter’s tape. This will keep the etching cream contained in the area where the image/s will be placed. Following the etching cream instructions, etch the area that is not masked off.
- Choose favorite image/s, scan them and resize it to fit the area of the bottle. Use any software on your computer that allows you to manipulate and print images.
- Set up your printer per the instructions on the KraftyBlok Image Art™ packaging.
- Follow printers’ instructions and print transfer. Allow transfer to set 10 to 15 minutes to dry.
- Cut around image if needed. Place transfer in a bowl of water for approximately 30 seconds
- Slightly moisten the etched area of the bottle with water. Remove transfer from the water and line up the transfer with the top of the etched area on the surface of the bottle. Gently slide the transfer from the backing paper onto the surface. Use a finger to smooth the decal as you slide away the backing. Please note, transfers are fragile and can tear easily, handle with care.
- Gently pat and smooth the transfer with a moist paper towel, eliminating air pockets and wrinkles. Allow to dry overnight.
- Repeat steps 3-8 for each side of the bottle.
- Once dry, permanently set the transfer by preheating a conventional oven to 345°F. Place the tile on a baking rack with the transfer facing up. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn off oven, prop door open slightly, to allow the oven and bottle to cool for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Fill the bottle with water and add your favorite flowers.