Antique Personalized Wedding Sign
This Antique Personalized Wedding Sign makes a wonderful gift for a newly married couple. Aged with a special painting technique, this personalized wooden sign is a great way to welcome the new couple home. You could also use this sign to create other messages, such as "Welcome Home" or even personalized door hangers to label rooms in your house. No matter how you use it, this Antique Personalized Sign is sure to bring a country rustic feel to your living space.
- Wooden sign
- Black paint
- Paint brushes
- Clear tacky glue
- White paint
- Brown paint
- Wooden letters
- Pink heart or other embellishments
- First, I painted the sign black.
- Then, I painted the sign with a layer of clear tacky glue.
- Without waiting, I painted over the glue with a blend of white and golden brown paint. (I didn't have off-white, but I like the streaky effect of the imcomplete mixing of the paints. It adds to the aged look.)
- You can see the surface is showing cracks already, so you need to apply the second layer of paint right away.
- Here's the finished sign board.
- I painted wood letters black and then sanded them with sandpaper for an aged look and I added a pink heart in the center.