World Traveler DIY Magnet Board
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Upcycle a plain magnetic notice board or tin tray with maps to make a fantastic map magnetic board. Also using shrink plastic can make some adorable travel themed pins for your board. This board would look great in a teen bedroom or home office. It also makes a great gift for those with wanderlust.This board looks awesome in my sons room, he loves looking at it and daydreaming about future travels. You can use any map you want, so you could use a map of your favorite city, map of the USA or a world map. It would also make a great educational tool in a child's bedroom."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
- Magentic board
- Map - I used map wrapping paper.
- Mod Podge
- Printable Shrink Plastic
- Travel images - free to download off my blog.
- Scissors & rolling pin
- Self adhesive magnets.
Stick your map to your board with Mod Podge. Use the rolling pin to help squeeze out any bubbles.
Coat with a layer of Mod Podge to provide a protective finish.
Download free travel images from my site and print on to the shrink plastic.
Cut out the plastic images and shrink following the instructions on the packet.
Stick shrunken travel images to the self adhesive magnets.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Transform those dollar store vases into these stylish Upcycled Flea Market Glass Vases, great for spring decorating. With these… Continue reading: "Upcycled Flea Market Glass Vases"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rhombus Weave Shawl
- Homemade Body Wash (from Bar Soap)
- Top Down Crochet Tee With Braids
- Crochet Shirt With Bobbles
- Striped Crochet Top
- Mosaic Crochet Pillow
- Lacy Crochet Cardigan
- Simple Crochet Pillow Cover
- Women's Crochet Cardigan
- Pinecone Twist Headband
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home