Toilet Paper Roll Sunflowers
Made from painted toilet paper rolls, these colorful sunflowers are a great way to decorate your wall. The great thing about this design is that you can make these Toilet Paper Roll Sunflowers as big or as small as you like, and they're great decor for a bathroom or bedroom. Toilet paper roll crafts are a great way to save on supplies and use what you have. In fact, people won't believe you used them for this project. If you want to add a whimsical touch to plain walls, this is the perfect DIY project.
- 7-10 toilet paper rolls
- 2 coffee cups, knitting needle, and tape (optional)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
These Toilet Paper Roll Sunflowers are awesome, but they aren't the only way to craft with toilet paper rolls. The projects feature in our free downloadable eBook, 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas are unexpected and unique. Learn how to create crafts for Christmas, jewelry and so much more.
- Measure the space where you want your flower to be. You’ll need to know how wide your space is so you know how large to make your flower. For me, my flower has to fit in a 24” space.
- Next I’m going to cut up all my toilet paper rolls. The amount you need will depend on how big your flower is. For a flower about 24” wide, I used 7 toilet paper rolls and 1 paper towel roll. One toilet paper roll should yield you anywhere from 14-16 petals.
- To make your petals, flatten your toilet paper roll.
- Cut slices about ½ inch wide. It’s helpful to build your flower as you cut so you don’t cut extra toilet paper rolls that you can use later on!
- Here’s my flower so far. I also have some extra petals just in case. Make sure you take a picture of your design so you have something to refer to when it’s time to assemble your flower.
- I like to paint my petals after I’ve cut them…that way I can paint the cut part of the paper as well. If you’d rather paint the rolls before you cut them, go right ahead. Either way will work.
- To paint my petals, I turn 2 coffee cups upside down and tape a long knitting needle to the bottom of the cups. After I paint a petal, I put it on the needle to dry. The paint washes off the needle with soap and water, but if you’re worried about your needles, you could also use a stick, rod, or pencil to dry your petals.
- Once your petals are dry, you can start gluing them together. With a hot glue gun, add a little dab of glue to one side of the petal and begin creating the inside of your flower.
- You can then begin gluing petals between the spaces of your starter flower until it’s as big as you want it to be.
- As I began gluing, I decided to make 5 different flowers rather than one large one.
Let's face it - everyone has toilet paper rolls on hand. Now is the time to use them to create some eye-catching toilet paper roll crafts. Check out this (free!) collection of 36 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls for even more great ideas for using up those cardboard tubes. We even have ideas from readers just like you - you won't believe what they came up with.
Free Craft Video: Toilet Paper Roll Party Poppers
To make this toilet paper roll craft, we recommend the following materials. They are all available at a great discount at CutRateCrafts.com!
- Assorted Paint
- Silvalume Double Point Knitting Needle - Assorted Sizes
- Cool Tool Cordless Glue Gun - White
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Wall Decor"
Find craft projects for wall decor, including easy wall art, paintings, canvases, shadow boxes and more.