Earthy Elemental Vases
Earthy Elemental Vases add a touch of whimsy to rustic home decor crafts. This technique from I Love to Create is an impressive way to paint ceramic bisque projects to match your earth tone dcor and incorporate a modern flair.
- Designer Glazes®
- C1 New DG 214 Sienna Suede
- C1 DG 205 Crimson Chenille
- C1 DG 206 Forest Flannel
- Home Decor Bisque Designs
- C1 Puzzle Vase (Center) 3'' x 3'' x7.5''
- C1 Puzzle Vase (Side) 3'' x 2.75'' x 7.5''
- Signature Brushe - C1 SB 813 1 inch Glaze Brush
- French Dimensions™ - C1 FD 272 French Briarwood
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Using photo for a reference, trace pattern on both sides of each side vase, using a pencil.
- For leaf vase, squeeze French Briarwood on stems and leaf outline. Repeat design on back of vase. Let dry thoroughly.
- On flower vase, squeeze out one flower at a time, adding petals with a “U” shape. Add large center dot in each flower. Repeat to complete all flowers. Repeat pattern on back of vase. Let dry thoroughly.
- Place an amount of Sienna Suede in a cup and add enough water to thin to a rolling consistency or like light cream. Pour thinned glaze in vase, carefully rolling glaze to coat entire inside of vase. Pour out excess.
- Repeat thinned glaze with Forest Flannel on other side vase.
- Use 1” Glaze Brush to apply three coats of Crimson Chenille to remaining vase. Let dry after each coat.
- Using 1” Glaze Brush, apply three coats of unthinned glaze on outside of each vase with appropriate color, being careful to not flatten French Dimension details. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
You will need 2 Puzzle Vase Side pieces (#25810) to complete the trio set.
Read NextDIY Hexagon Vase
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.