Try this kids cardboard craft to make your own cardboard vase. Sponge painting and glitter make the vase stylish enough to decorate your home, even though it's made of cardboard.
- Corrugated Cardboard, 3 feet by 4 feet
- Heavy duty tacky glue
- Rubber bands
- Acrylic Paint
- Elmer's Glue
- Roll cardboard into a hexagon shape.
- Use heavy duty tacky glue to keep the seams of cardboard together. I also put rubber bands over for extra securing.
- Sponge paint all over the vase with acrylic paint. I used fall colors and an old sponge that I cut up and dipped in the paint.
- After the paint is dried, go around the vase and dab Elmer's glue and splash glitter randomly with fall colors of glitter.
- Stuff several sheets of newspaper inside that will hold up any floral stems that you buy.