Vintage Spool Valentine
Wrap Valentine poems around an old spool for a unique Valentine's Day gift this year. The vintage spool Valentine from Maize Hutton is such a great idea for a sewing enthusiast.
Find this pattern and many more in our new eBook, 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More!
- A vintage spool-- or any type of spool will do. Even a small dowel cut to the size you desire will work.
- A button-- red looks cute.
- Paper-- I used some thrifted adding machine tape and then cut it to fit.
- Tape-- I used some Japanese floral tape, but any tape will work.
- String-- I used hemp twine
- Heart Bead--if you wish
- Glue--to glue the string and button to the top of the spool.
Write your love note, poem, song lyrics (I wrote The Cure's Love Song lyrics) on the paper. Tape it to the spool.
Apply glue to the button and secure the string underneath it.
Roll up the paper on the spool and wrap the string around it. Secure.
Read NextCrochet Valentine Hearts Afghan
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 25, 2014
I had my sister and her fianc do this for their wedding. They wrote a cute little message to each other the day before the wedding and I set it all up. My sister's spool had a veil on top of a white button and a small bouquet instead of a bead. Her fianc's had a black button with a tiny bow tie instead of a bead. They loved them. Thanks for the idea.
Aug 26, 2014
What an awesome idea! We'd love to see a pic if you have one! Feel free to upload it to our image uploader (Just click on the link that says "Be the first to upload your own image for this craft". Thanks again!--FaveCrafts Editors
Jan 29, 2012
I think this is amazing and suck a gr8t idea thanks for sharing it with us all Hugs Nana Kat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use