Love Quote Sign and Metallic Vases Valentine's Day Craft
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
State your affections with a Love Quote Sign and Metallic Vases Valentine's Day Craft. This easy DIY wall art paired with a metallic color-blocked vase brimming in love-me daisies will perfectly express your love. This is a great project for Valentine's Day, but that doesn't mean you can only make it during the cold months of January and February. In fact, there's never a bad time to show someone you really care. Easy DIY wall art can help brighten up any space and make someone smile. A vase filled with fresh flowers can be given as a gift or displayed with pride on a table or mantel. Everyone will love this project, so be sure to start working on it today.
- Design Master TintIT.™ Strawberry 532
- Wood plaque 1 pkg Gold
- Raised adhesive-backed letters
- Latex gloves
- Paper towel
- Design Master Modern Metals spray Champagne Silver 234 or Gold Lumina 238
- Glass vases
- Masking tape
- Black twill ribbon
- Thin gold wire
- Pearl beads
Protect your work area with newspaper. Starting on the backside of the plaque, closely spray TintIT Strawberry on the wood. Allow the spray to puddle. Completely cover the whole back. With a paper towel and a protected hand, immediately wipe TintIT into the wood, staining it red. Let dry.
Flip the sign over and color stain the front and sides in the same manner.
Various types of wood will stain more evenly than others. If an even coloration is desired mist Strawberry from approximately 15? over the lighter stained areas. Additional layers of TintIT will deepen the color. You choose the desired color value. Let dry.
With a piece of scratch paper, paper sand the surface to smooth out impurities.
Select the letters needed to write the quote. Apply adhesive letters to the stained wood.
Wash the glass and let dry thoroughly. With tape, mask the top of bottom area of the vase. The smoothest edge is created on the straightest areas of the vase. Ensure the edge of the tape is pressed securely down.
From about 12? spray a light coat of Modern Metals in even parallel, back-and-forth strokes. The first coat WILL look transparent. Let dry. Then apply and additional 1-2 coats, drying between applications.
When dry, remove the masking tape.
Embellish the vase with either ribbon tied in a simple bow or in pearls. String pearls loosely on the gold wire. After every pearl, twist it to secure pearl in place on the wire. Create a length long enough to wrap around the vase neck several times.
Arrange the vase with blossoms. Here, red carnations are tightly arranged making a base for the gerbera daisies to be focused.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- Loops & Ridges Baby Blanket Free Pattern
- Kids Painting Activity - Painting Framed Glass
- Haylee Hand Towel
- Spaghetti Strap Top Pattern
- Teeny Tiny Mini Zipper Pouch Keyring
- Tiered Spring Mini Dress
- Free Little Black Dress Pattern
- Honey Chocolate Cowl
- C2c Jaguar
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home