Etched Vase Centerpiece
This Etched Vase Centerpiece from Consumer Crafts is perfect for Valentine's Day, anniversaries, or any time you want to show someone how much you care. This beautiful Valentine's Day centerpiece spells out Love, but you can use whatever word you'd like!
- 2 Unity Vase sets
- Glass etching cream kit
- 6 5-inch octagonal mirrors
- Cracked Ice Decoative Crystals
- Food color (optional)
- Palette knife
- 3″ circle punch
- Craft vinyl
- Alphabet stickers (or cut them using the Cricut)
- First, prepare you vases for etching- just wipe them down with a little glass cleaner. Then, make stencils by cutting out 3 inch squares of craft vinyl, then punching a 2″ circle. Determine your placement on the vase and smooth this down, smoothing down any wrinkles. Then place your letter sticker in the middle of the circle. (I cut mine using the Storybook cartridge at 1 1/4″ inch.)
- Use the palette knife to spread a layer of etching gel over the area within the circle, following the directions on the package. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse off the cream before removing the stencils.
- It’ll take 6 hours for it to fully hydrate, so mix up Cracked Ice the day before your special event. Cracked Ice is a polymer that, when you mix it with water, grows 200% and looks like….well….cracked ice! It’s great for live and silk floral arrangements, and can be tinted with food coloring. If you like it to be all clear, mix up 4 cups worth. If you like the ombre effect I have in mine, then mix up the Cracked Ice in 3 batches as follows: 1 cup batch, adding 3 drops of red food color; 1 cup batch, adding 1 drop of red food color; 2 cup batch, no food coloring.
- When you’re ready to assemble your tablescape, place 6 mirrors in a zig-zag fashion in the middle of the table or buffet. Place the 2 heart-shaped vases on either end, and then place the 4 LOVE vases in between. Place about 1/8 cup of the dark pink Cracked Ice in each bud vase, and 1/4 cup in each of the heart vases. Do the same for the light pink. Then top it off with the clear Cracked Ice, using 1/4 cup in each of the bud vases and 1/2 cup in the heart vases.
- Place a taper candle in the heart vases, and a few roses or tulips in the bud vases. Subtle, yet elegant!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Valentine's Day"
Valentines Day is the perfect day for crafting. Whether you are creating handmade Valentines Day cards or exploring other Valentines Day crafts, these DIY cards and more are sweet, romantic, and more.