Kids Valentine Cone
This craft is great for little kids to make. They can fill this foam cone with all sorts of treats for their Valentine party at school. Foam paint makes decorating loads of fun.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Foam Paint
- FP07 - Purple
- FP12 - Silver Metallic
- 9" paper or dinner plate
- Lo-temp glue gun
- Six foam heart shapes, 1 each of large and small scallop-edged heart in white, pink, purple, Darice Foamies #1028-45
- Hole punch
- 36" length of ribbon (We used 3/8" pink grosgrain ribbon with white dots.)
- 12" x 18" sheet of light pink craft foam
- Measure and cut 12" square from foam. Use plate for pattern to round off one corner of square and cut.
- Overlap straight edges 1/4" and glue together to form cone.
- Referring to photo for placement, center and glue hearts over overlap of cone for front.
- Use Silver Metallic to paint letters on hearts to spell "sweet!"; let dry.
- Use Purple to embellish around hearts with dots and swirls; let dry.
- Press cone flat and punch holes inside sides of pocket 1/4" from edge.
- With ribbon centered flat across back of cone pocket; pull ends of ribbon through holes to inside of pocket and tie ends into bow for hanger.
Read Next19 Best Valentine Crafts for Kids
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.