The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Sushi Roll Pom-Poms
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "When you move to a new neighborhood and can't stop dreaming about the sushi joint in your OLD neighborhood, you sometimes obsess over sushi rolls until you start seeing them in your craft supplies. Then you grab some yarn, felt, fabric glue, pom-pom makers, rubber bands, and scissors, and make a batch of pom-poms that look like salmon, avocado and cucumber rolls, and tuna rolls. This project is a great way to use scraps of yarn, and makes an adorable gift-topper. Making pom-poms wrapped in "nori" felt strips is probably faster than making real sushi, but it sure leaves your tummy growling. This is a great project for any age, and a fun way to use scrap yarn!"
Unexpected ideas have never been cuter than this DIY craft to make faux sushi. Created out of poms and scrap fabric, the adorable Sushi Roll Pom-Poms can be made out of items for your stash, making them completely budget-friendly. Once you create these cuties, you can display them as a charming knick knack or even give them to your kids to play with. Tea parties with dolls are so passé, especially when you can serve them sushi.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Caron medium weight yarn in white
- Bernat Softee Chunky yarn in Berry red
- Large pom-pom makers
- Sharp Scissors
- Rubber bands
- Black wool felt
- Scrap yarn in lime green
- Scrap yarn in lime salmon
- Scrap yarn in forrest green
- Aileens Fabric Fusion fabric glue
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gnome Tissue Box Cover
- Throwback Thursday Free Pattern- Easy Laptop Case
- How To Sew A Professional Looking Gusset Zipper In A Bag
- How To Make Perfect Bound Lining In A Bag
- I Spy Sports
- I Spy Outer Space
- Winter Kids Scarf
- 42 Things To Do With The Elf On The Shelf
- How To Make Sanda Frost From Paper?
- Color Block (or Not) Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home