Tie Dye Plaid T Shirt and Sweatshirt
You can turn a plain white sweatshirt and T-shirt from drab to fab with this tie dye plaid project idea from I Love to Create. This project will teach you how to dye shirts in ombre plaid for a cool new look.
- T-shirt, white, 100% cotton
- Tulip® Tie-Dye Fashion Kit™--Ombre Plaid
- Plastic cup
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper towels
- Prewash and dry T-shirt and sweatshirt to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
- Wearing gloves from kit, pour water into the Black, Red and Orange dye bottles to fill line. Replace lid and shake thoroughly.
- Following instructions in kit, tape to T-shirt create a plaid pattern and dye shirt accordingly.
- Cover T-shirt with plastic and let set 4 to 6 hours. Wash separately in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer.
- Lay damp sweatshirt on prepared surface. Refill black dye bottle with water to fill line, you will have a diluted black (closer to grey).
- Squeeze Black dye over most of the sweatshirt.
- Randomly squeeze Orange dye across one shoulder and sleeve and down part of the front. Accent with red dye where the two colors meet.
- Cover sweatshirt with plastic and let set 4 to 6 hours. Wash sweatshirt in cold water on a large load setting. Dry separately.
Read NextTie Dye No-Sew Sock Bunnies
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.