Autumn Harvest Pillar Candle
Your Thanksgiving table will simply glow with this lovely Autumn Harvest Pillar Candle. A few simple materials come together to create an absolutely stunning table decoration that's perfect for Thanksgiving, a fall wedding, or any festive gathering. This is a beautiful way to give a little color to a plain white pillar candle, and a budget-friendly idea for absolutely stunning Thanksgiving table decorating. Create an Autumn Harvest Pillar Candle to create the warm atmosphere that everyone is craving as much as dinner itself.
- White pillar candle
- 1 orange paper rose
- 5 faux yellow and orange berries
- Spray & Sparkle Gold Glitter Varnish
- Matching ribbon for this project, orange ribbon was used
- 1 sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- Pencil and ruler
- Standard scissors
- Masking tape
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Old sheets of newspaper to protect the working area
First practice using the heat gun on an old candle, before trying to decorate the pillar candle.
- Cut a strip of printer paper that would be wide and long enough to cover the top half of the candle.
- Use masking tape and fix the strip of paper around the top half of the candle.
- Spray the bottom half of the candle with the Spray & Sparkle Gold Glitter Varnish and allow to dry thoroughly, before removing the strip of paper.
- Use the hot glue gun to add the ribbon to where the white and golden parts of the candle meet. The glue gun must not be too hot, or else the glue will just make a glossy little pellet that will sit on the candle, without gluing the ribbon to the candle. The moment the glue starts to flow from the nozzle, the gun is hot enough to use on the candle. Best is to constantly switch the glue gun on and off, so that the glue will not become too hot to use on the candle.
- Once the ribbon has been glued in place, make a nice bow with the ribbon. Add a drop of glue with the hot glue gun so that the bow won’t come undone.
- Use the glue gun again to glue the paper rose and the faux yellow and orange berries in place.
If you liked this lovely autumn candle, you'll just gobble up these 268 Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids and Adults!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Thanksgiving"
Thanksgiving crafts to make for all ages including thanksgiving crafts for children, thanksgiving decorations, thanksgiving place cards, table decorations for thanksgiving and more. Features cute Thanksgiving craft projects such as how to Make a Tha