Fluffy Nesting Chicks
Kids of all ages will love these sweet Fluffy Nesting Chicks. Made out of colored cotton balls, these adorable little chicks are the perfect way to get ready for spring decorating! Kids will have a blast making these cute chicks, and it's a great way to teach kids how to reuse items you may have in your house already. These types of projects help kids expand their knowledge and learn how to look at everyday things in a new way. This is a great activity for home or the classroom, and kids will have a blast adding these cute little chicks to their nests!
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
You can find this project, and many more, in our new eBook, 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More! Download your own free copy today!
- Small paper plate (cake size)
- Brown paint
- Shredded basket filler
- 3 Cotton balls
- Pink or blue chalk
- 3 pairs of small googly eyes
- Brown crayon
- Yellow, green, blue, and brown cardstock or construction paper
- Start by cutting a paper plate in half. Paint one half with various shades of brown to look like a nest.
- To give the nest texture, glue on the shredded basket filler. Keep applying until your nest is well-covered.
- To make the birds, rub your cotton balls with chalk. Add googly eyes and little paper beaks. Tuck the birds behind the nest.
- For the background, start with light blue cardstock or construction paper. Cut brown cardstock to make a tree trunk and branch, and then use the brown crayon to give it a more realistic tree texture.
- Cut out green leaves to attach to the branches. You can bend the leaves to give them texture. Finally, glue the nest and birds in place.
Celebrate National Craft Month All Month Long!
Read NextBright Button Flowers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use