Decoupaged Clay Pot
Looking for decoupage ideas that celebrate all of the wonderful aspects of spring? Make a Decoupaged Clay Pot from Linda Peterson! Take a plain pot and make it shine - literally! This is a fun craft that doesn't take long to complete.
One of the best things about clay pot crafts and ideas is that they are relatively cheap. You might even have all the supplies you need for these adorable garden craft ideas at home. Perfect for indoor plants or DIY outdoor décor, this stunning and versatile mod podge idea can hold just about any plant you place in it.
If you are planning on creating this craft to display outside, make sure you know which mod podge to use as well as how to properly store it so you plant does not get too much light. This project comes with a printable bird to use, but you could easily find a cut-out you prefer.
Find even more mod podge crafts and decoupage ideas for indoor and out in 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas + How to Decoupge Tutorials.
Decoupaged Clay Pot
- 4” clay pot – or size of choice
- Decorative paper of choice (neutral color and background or use newsprint)
- Collage image(s) (a bird motif was used in this project – courtesy of Graphicsfairy.com)
- Collage Pauge Glossy
- Black acrylic paint
- Sponge brush
- Sanding block
- Paint rim and under rim with acrylic paint. Allow to dry.
- Cut out paper from pattern. Apply decoupage medium to paper and clay pot. Apply paper, smoothing edges. Allow to dry.
- Cut out decorative image and decoupage onto front of clay pot. Allow to dry.
- Sand paint in random areas around the rim.
- Apply decoupage medium to entire pot to seal and make water resistant.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Decoupaged Bird Print Clay Pot.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Spring"
Spring crafts celebrate all that is coming to life outside. Find cute projects like paper flower crafts, flower pot crafts, garden projects and Easter crafts. Make Easter decorations, or spruce up your garden with outdoor projects.
Sign Up for Free Crafts
There are no records