Colors of Spring Butterfly Wreath
Welcome spring with this Colors of Spring Butterfly Wreath from Vicki O'Dell and Consumer Crafts. This spring door wreath is just the thing to get your house guests in the spirit of the season. And these beautiful butterflies add just the right touch!
- Bowdabra Bow Maker
- Bowdabra Wire
- Feather Butterflies (or other embellishment)
- Tulle Rolls – 1 roll of each color: Sage, Pink, Yellow, Lavender, Ivory and Light Blue
- 18 inch Green Metal Wreath Form
- Spray paint in a light color (optional)
- Hot Glue Gun and glue sticks
To prepare for making this wreath you will want to watch the DVD that comes with the Bowdabra so you will understand how to make the Tulle Puffs.
- For the base of the wreath make tulle puffs, leaving the Bowdabra string at least three inches long on each end so that you are able to tie the puffs onto the wreath form.
- Keep making puffs and tying them on until the wreath is full. There is probably enough tulle on each roll to make TWO wreaths. You can make one for yourself and one for a friend!
- Once the wreath is full, hot glue the butterflies onto the front. Use as many or as few butterflies as you like. You could also use larger butterflies, birds, or just a big bow. It’s up to you!
Read NextBright Button Flowers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 05, 2014
If you or your hubby (or boyfriend) is handy with a saw, you could easily make the bowmaker. just takes 3 pieces of scrap plywood, 4 screws and you got it. I however would sand the plywood smooth before assembling. Hope this is helpful..........You could even make the wreath out of plywood. Just cut an 18 inch,( or whatever size you want) circle, cut out the middle, leaving a 3 inch ring and drill hole to thread the string though and tie on the back side. Sand it smooth and spray paint it a nice spring color. Have fun.
Mar 05, 2014
I meant drill holes.
Apr 24, 2013
it is very cute and springy, but way to expensive,,seems like you have to keep buying new tools to make a lot of these projects and with the economy the way it is and people out of work, doesn't seem worthwhile....
mccaskillknight 48 57406
Mar 12, 2013
I love it!!!!
Mar 11, 2013
It's very cute but I'm not about to go and buy a bow maker.
Mar 08, 2013
So pretty, I enjoy following what is going on with you guys. I've been fighting Cancer and enjoy all of theses websites to lift me up. And I do make some of the ideas. Thank You! CaliTexGal93
Mar 06, 2013
This is a really beautiful wreath; however, 6 rolls of 25 yd tulle at $6.00/roll, plus the cost of the wreath form & the buttrflies--seems a very expensive, even for 2 wreaths!
b4cookiebehn 84377 17
Mar 06, 2013
I love this craft.
May 31, 2012
its very inspiring me to product some another decor for the door or window... thanks miss vicky.. I'll wait some else...
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use