To Infinity and Beyond Heels
Take a walk on the sparkly side with these To Infinity and Beyond Heels. Embellished with beautiful rhinestones, these dazzling heels are great for weddings, parties, or just a fun night on the town! This bedazzled shoe tutorial is a great way to liven up a pair of shoes from the thrift store, or to cover up a scruff mark on your favorite pair of black heels. No matter what the reason, you're sure to love this quick and easy tutorial for upcycling a pair of black pumps.
- A pair of shoes
- Rhinestone setter hot fix wand
- 2 packs of 5 mm hot set rhinestones
- 1 pack of 4 mm hot set rhinestones
- Setting rhinestones is incredibly easy. Select the tip that is the same size as the rhinestones you’ll be setting and install it on the wand. I often will use a tip that is one size down from my rhinestones to make sure that the heat won’t touch the surface of my shoe. I find this also keeps the melted glue neater. Place the rhinestone where you want it, then touch it with the hot wand for a few seconds.
- Lift up the wand and your rhinestone is installed.
- Cover the three outer sides of the heel with the larger rhinestones, lining them up the best you can. You’ll probably need to leave some blank spaces where the large rhinestones just won’t meet, but we can fill those in with the smaller rhinestones. Cover the heel part of the shoe leaving about an inch from the top and lined up with where the high heel meets the shoe so you have a triangle on the back made up of solid rhinestones.
- Switch out the tip – after letting it cool down first – to the size that will work with your smaller rhinestones. Fill in any blank spots left behind, then use the smaller rhinestones to soften up the triangle on the heel. Add rhinestones just a little bit further out each time until you get that star-burst pattern. To get the furthest rhinestones placed I just sprinkled some on top so that it would be truly random. Make sure that the left and right sides of the shoe match by choosing a stopping point that is the same for both sides of your rhinestone heels.
- I added a sprinkling of rhinestones on the toe, just to bring a little of that sparkle out in front as well.