Striped Tie Dye T Shirt
Want to make a quick, tie-dye-look shirt without all the hassle and mess? You can create a nice striped tie-dye t-shirt in under just 20 minutes with Simply Spray. Alyice Edrich shows you how.
- Simply Spray ® paint (your color of choice), 1 can
- White cotton t-shirt
- Rubber bands
- Newspaper or clear trash bags
1. Cover your work area with clear plastic trash bags (or newspaper) to avoid excess spray from ruining your furniture or floors.
2. Lay your freshly washed and dried t-shirt on top of the clear trash bags (or newspaper).
3. Starting at the bottom, fold your t-shirt like an accordion (back and forth in a zig-zag motion) then tie the ends together with a rubber band.
4. Grab your favorite color of paint and spray the front, back, top and bottom folds.
5. Remove the rubber bands, flatten the shirt, and let dry.
That's literally all it takes to create a cute tie-dye t-shirt!
Designer Tip: Make sure you start your spray on a scrap piece of material (as suggested per instructions), then continue holding down the trigger as you move the spray over the t-shirt.
Simply Spray (Item 2839-04) was provided, free of charge, by SimplySpray.com
Read NextVintage Button Up Shirt Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 20, 2017
After reading this super fast and easy DIY, so many uses come to mind for this spray paint tie dye technique! Wouldn't it look so cool on a 100% cotton white sheet set? Flat, fitted, and the pillow cases, too! Oh my gosh, for your student's dorm room! Also, buy your shirts and cotton shorts from Michaels craft stores when they're on sale. How about using more than one color spray paint? Make stripes. Actually, that would be pretty difficult and painstaking to do because you'd have to alternately cover the accordion folds and be real careful not to get fly away paint to land where you don't want it to. In any case, I love this craft!
Oct 06, 2010
This looks very easy to do with a large group of kids. They could even repurpose an old T-shirt instead of buying a new one.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use