Instantly update boring jeans with a painted butterfly made simple with a tracing pattern. Kids will love this idea.
DecoArt Products Required
SoSoft Dimensional Writers
- DD112 - Festive Green
- DD117 - Pink
- DD119 - Purple
- DD122 - Lime
SoSoft Fabric Acrylics
- DSS26 - Christmas Green
- DSS72 - Bright Pink
- DSS74 - Island Blue
- DSS75 - Green Apple
SoSoft Shimmering Pearls
- DSP19 - Grape Purple Pearl
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Pattern transfer materials (examples: light transfer paper, iron-on transfer products, fabric transfer pens, etc.)
- Cardboard covered with plastic wrap
- Masking tape or T-pins
- Denim jeans
- Pre-wash and dry jeans without softeners. Insert plastic covered cardboard inside jean area to be painted. Secure with masking tape or t-pins. Lift writer bottle cap, remove protective seal, and replace cap.
- Trace and transfer pattern onto jeans.
- Paint inside top butterfly wings, Grape Purple Pearl; outside wing border, Bright Pink; and body, Green Apple.
- Paint inside bottom butterfly wings, Christmas Green; outside wing border, Island Blue; and body, Green Apple.
- Outline wings with corresponding SoSoft Dimensional Writer colors. Stripe bodies with Lime SoSoft Dimensional Writer. Draw antennae. Add dots and embellishments as desired.
Read NextTwo-In-One Refashioned T-Shirt