I Heart Tie Dye Tee
You'll just fall in love with this tie dye craft from Pattie Wilkinson for I Love to Create! It's great for summer camp or an arts and craft project with kids. What a way to wear your heart on your sleeve this summer!
- Tulip® One-Step Dye™ (Fuschia, Yellow)
- Tulip® Fashion Form™
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint (Azalea, Berry Red)
- T-shirt – white – 100% cotton
- Prewash T-shirt; do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Protect work surface with Surface Cover then lay damp shirt on work surface.
- Fold shirt in half vertically, with fold pointed toward the right.
- Use a pencil to lightly draw half of a heart in center of shirt, beginning at fold.
- Pinch the shirt along the pencil line with fingers, gathering all the way around the heart shape. Wrap a rubber band tightly around the heart section then wrap another rubber band 1” below first rubber band.
- Wearing plastic gloves from box, add water to dye bottles, filling to line indicated on bottles. Replace caps tightly and shake bottles until dye is dissolved.
- Squeeze Fuchsia dye onto heart section of shirt, getting dye close to rubber band. Squeeze Yellow into the 1” section below heart section, then squeeze Fuchsia onto remainder of shirt.
- Cover shirt with Surface Cover to keep damp and let set 4 to 6 hours or longer for most intense colors. Fill washer to large load setting with cold water and a small amount of laundry soap. Cut rubber bands off shirt then wash separately on a large load setting with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry separately in dryer.
- Insert Fashion Form between layers of shirt.
- Squeeze puddles of Azalea and Berry Red Soft Fabric Paints onto a piece of foil. Mix colors with paintbrush then brush feathered lines along the edge of the heart as shown.
- Let dry flat 2 hours. Wait 72 hours to wash.
Read NextVintage Button Up Shirt Pattern