This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Sew Powerful Purse Project
"Sew Powerful is a non-profit organization whose mission is to combat extreme poverty through sewing. We’d love your help with our program designed to keep girls in school and provide jobs to seamstresses in Zambia. Be sure to read all about it on the Sew Powerful website where you can download our free purse pattern. Make as many colorful purses as you’d like. To learn more about how these purses create academic achievement in Zambia be sure to watch our videos and learn about the issue of Menstrual Hygiene Management. Typical construction time is about 2 hours."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Fabric for purse body: 1-1/2 YDS OF 44" OR 1/2 YDS of 60"
- Fabric for purse lining: 1/3 YD of 44"
- Interfacing (optional) 1-1/2 if strap is interfaced (Pellon SF101 or comparable) ~1/2 YD if strap is not interfaced
- Optional (but recommended): 1" x 52" poly or cotton webbing to use in place of the fabric strap
- Sewing machine
Looking for more simple tutorials? Get free sewing patterns like this sent straight to your inbox!
Subscribe to FaveCrafts Quick and Crafty
Read NextThe Lauren Bag
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use