Upcycled Backpack Rain Covers from Umbrellas
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Are you sick of your kids’ (or your own) backpacks getting soaked every time it rains? Repurpose a broken umbrella into a clever backpack rain cover, and you'll never have a drenched backpack again! It only takes about 15 minutes to sew with minimal sewing skills. You can fold it up into a lightweight and compact package so that you can carry it with you in your bag! This project is perfect for kids who are going to school and also for adults who commute. Make one for each member of your family and for all of your friends!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Fabric from one umbrella
- 40" of 1/8" wide elastic
- Jar cap
- Fine permanent marker or pen
- Fabric shears
- Pinking shears
- Size 70/10 universal sewing needle
- Tape measure
- Safety pin
- Matching polyester thread
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This C2C Crochet Bunny Baby Blanket pattern is a soft, fun, gender neutral blanket that's perfect for adding character to a baby's… Continue reading: "C2C Crochet Bunny Baby Blanket"
- Playful Patchwork Infinity Scarf Pattern
- Easy Fabric Flower Tutorial
- Summer Scarf: Version 2
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Scrunchy Tee Shirt Scarf Tutorial
- Patchwork Scarf and Scarflette
- Tutorial: Learn To Make A Fabric Flower
- Transform Socks Into Warmers
- Summer Scarf: Version 1
- Ribbon Flower Pins
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Little Black Dress Pattern
- Honey Chocolate Cowl
- C2c Jaguar
- Mirror Sparkle Ornament
- Classic Striped Dish Towel
- Crochet Wave Stitch Afghan Pattern
- Baby Penguin Amigurumi
- Beginner Friendly Crochet Afghan Pattern
- How to Crochet a Scrubby with Scrubby Yarn
- How To Make Fairy Wings For Dolls
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home