Summer Sunglasses Case
If you're looking for simple sewing projects to do this summer, you should certainly take a look at this Summer Sunglasses Case. This stylish and practical case is perfectly purse-sized and would make a great gift for any of your friends. Free sewing tutorials don't come any cooler than this. There's no need for a trip to the store when you can make your very own Summer Sunglasses Case. Your sunglasses will never get lost or broken when you try this new sewing project.
- Main fabric - only small pieces needed for all fabrics
- Lining fabric
- Contrast fabric, if desired
- Batting (For a more rigid case, use purse interfacing)
- Cut pieces from the fabric as directed on the pattern.
- Sew Pattern Piece A (flap) and Pattern Piece B (exterior) together as shown below for both the main and lining fabrics, but make sure to sew the batting to one set of fabrics.
- Press open.
- Sew Pattern Piece C (interior) to Piece B.
- Turn the lining piece inside out and press.
- Slide the lining piece into the exterior piece, matching up the edges.
- Between main and lining fabric of the flap, sandwich a loop of the elastic with the metal part outside of the sandwich.
- Beginning on one side of Piece C, sew the main fabric to the lining, leaving a 2-3 inch opening.
- Turn the case inside out through the opening.
- Topstitch all around the perimeter of the case.
- Put the glasses into the pouch in order to estimate where the button should be placed.
- Sew the button in place, and voila you're done!