Blue Jean DIY Sunglasses Case
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"The sun is shining and my shades have come out. I’m fed up of damaging my sunglasses when I’m not wearing them, so decided to design a really handy case for them made from upcycled jeans. Mind you, this is no ordinary sunglasses case. As well as looking great it sports a killer pocket feature for items such as money and cards.I made four of these cases at the same time so I had some spare for gifts. If making the sunglasses case as a gift, you can make it even more personal by using the recipients old jeans. I love mine and use it all the time, I find the pocket bit so handy."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Sewn byEither Hand or Machine
- Old jeans front pocket
- 22cm Square of cotton fabric for lining
- 22cm Square of very thin wadding
- Needle & thread.
- Scissors and/or rotary cutter
- Cup or bowl
Firstly you need to cut out a 22cm square of lining fabric, wadding and jeans pocket. I make a 22cm square cardboard template and use this to cut the fabrics with a rotary cutter. When placing over the jeans make sure you get all of the front pocket whilst moving the pocket lining out the way so that it doesn’t get cut as well
The next thing to do is to round off the bottom corners of all the pieces of fabric.
Put the jeans pocket and lining fabric right sides together. Place this on top of the wadding and pin together. Leaving an edge of approximately 5mm, sew round the bottom curved edge and 2 sides of the fabric with a sewing machine. The top should be left open.
Trim excess fabric from the corners and turn the fabric sandwich right side out.
Now carefully turn over a 5mm edge of the lining fabric pin and sew to close the top.
Fold the denim pocket pad in half length ways, with the fabric lining on the inside. Pin and sew round the edge.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sunny Summer Crochet Doily Tutorial
- Macrame Bunny Ears Teething Ring
- Free Patriotic Floral Printable To Color
- Salt Painting Cross Craft
- Crochet Sea Star Floral Appliques
- How to Make a St. Brigid's Cross
- Crochet Snowflake Applique
- Love Everyone Always Embroidery Pattern
- Crochet Double Layer Butterfly Applique
- Easy Baking Soda Air Freshener
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home