Shockingly Easy Sewn iPhone Pouch
If you've ever spent a ton of money on a fancy phone, you know how important it is to keep it scratch free. DIY phone cases help you save big and get creative. This Shockingly Easy Sewn iPhone Pouch is perfect for beginners or anyone who doesn't have much time for crafting. This is also a great gift idea for anyone with a new phone. Use fun, eye-catching fabrics to ensure your phone never gets lost. This soft fabric case covers the entire phone, so you know you're taken care of. Give your phone the respect it deserves with this DIY phone case.
- Contrasting fabric for the lining
- Velcro (sew on or iron on), decorative button. You can also use a Snap Punch Tool if you prefer a snap.
- Cut out your fabric using the Pattern. Cut out one piece for the front and one piece for the lining.
- Pin right sides together and sew edges together.
- Picking up the needle and turn at each corner.
- Leave the top end open for turning.
- It will look like this when you’re finished.
- Cut the corners.
- Turn right side out and hem top end.
- Fold up end 3/4 of the way to the top edge. Don’t fold it all the way up. Sew both sides together.
- Sew or iron on your velcro. See how the end was only folded up about 3/4 inches from the top?
- Sew on a decorative button and you’re finished! Now make one for your iPod or Tablet. Just adjust the size of your pattern to your device. Allow about 1/4 to 1/2 extra inches on both sides for the hem.