Fabric Postcards (and Fabric Postcard Ornaments)
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Fabric postcards make great gifts or use them as souvenirs on your next trip! This tutorial also shows how to make a fabric postcard ornament. These low-sew projects are great ways to use up small pieces of fabric, scraps from other projects, or leftover quilt blocks. You can customize your fabric postcards with embroidery, fabric paint, or iron-on. Finished Size 4” (10 cm) x 6” (15 cm) Tools Sewing machine with zigzag or overcasting stitches and an appropriate presser foot Rotary cutter and cutting mat OR fabric scissors and marking pen. 4” x 8” quilting ruler. Iron and iron-safe surface. Goddess Sheet or teflon pressing sheet. Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, thread snips, etc.). Materials 100% cotton fabric for front of postcard. Use assorted scraps, fat eighths or quarter yard prints, quilt blocks, or remnants of other projects. Backing fabric. If you plan to send your postcard in the mail, use white or another light color for best results. Double-sided stiff fusible interfacing, such as Fast2Fuse or Fairfield Stiffen. Double-sided paper backed fusible web, such as Lite Steam-a-Seam 2. Thread in your choice of color for stitching and bobbin. To make a “fussy cut” fabric postcard, you will also need to cut a 4” (10 cm) x 6” (15 cm) window out of a piece of cardstock. Alternatively, you can use a fussy cut ruler. Optional Materials Embroidery floss and embroidery needle to make ornament hanging, or for embellishment Permanent fabric markers for embellishment Iron-on or heat transfer vinyl and weeder for embellishment"
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tips For Using Water Brushes In Watercoloring
- 24 Galentine's Day Crafts
- Leprechaun Appliqué
- Starburst Blanket
- Cards To Support Our Troops – Free Printable
- Valentine Wine Cozy
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- Strawberry Seed Baby Booties
- Braided Bridge Cable Scarf
- Winter Jewels Emerald Cube Granny Square
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home