Paper Towel Fall Tree Kids Craft
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the blogger: "This craft takes a little bit of prep, but once the materials are gathered, it’s a ton of fun! It’s a paper bag kids craft which actually great for all ages. We did our craft with three kids, ages 3-7, and it was loved by each of them. You will need an empty paper towel roll, paints, scrapbook paper, paper bag and tissue paper leaves (template on the blog), and some excited, crafting kids! Each tree is completed with it's own swing, made of popsicle sticks or pipe cleaners. Each child will love adding their personal touches to this easy fall tree!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Main MaterialRecycled Materials
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
Cut out the leaf template and cut several tissue paper leaves as well as some brown paper bag leaves.
Paint the paper towel roll brown, set aside to dry.
Paint "fallen leaves" on the 12x12 scrapbook paper. Allow the children to be creative! Some will finger paint some leaves while others will paint leaves with a paint brush. Set aside to dry.
Cut the paper towel roll on each side. Cut in four places on the bottom, creating four tabs to glue to the scrapbook paper base.
Cut thinner sections on the top part of the paper towel roll, this will create some branches.
After the tabs have been glued to the base, begin glueing the leaves onto the tree branches.
Once the glue is dry you can attach the fun swing!
Swing: Cut the ends off of a popsicle stick and hot glue two pieces of string to each side. Glue the opposite ends to one of the branches on the tree.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sunny Summer Crochet Doily Tutorial
- Macrame Bunny Ears Teething Ring
- Free Patriotic Floral Printable To Color
- Salt Painting Cross Craft
- Crochet Sea Star Floral Appliques
- How to Make a St. Brigid's Cross
- Crochet Snowflake Applique
- Love Everyone Always Embroidery Pattern
- Crochet Double Layer Butterfly Applique
- Easy Baking Soda Air Freshener
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home