Paper Bag Scrapbook
Use paper bags of any size to create your own scrapbook albums. Show off a special event like a family picnic or your kid's field day. Terri O and her kids made one together for Mother's Day and one for a fishing trip.
- Paper bags of any size. I used the smaller ones.
- Hole puncher if desired
- Glue stick or your favorite adhesive for paper and photos
- Scrapbook paper and embellishment of ANY kind
- Optional: tags and mini cards (These are fun to make to insert in the open ends of the bags. It’s like a secret compartment!)
- Use 2 or 3 bags depending on how many pages you want your book to be. Use more bags for more pages. I used 2 bags. Lay the bags on top of each other opposite ends and fold in half.
- There are several ways to create a binding. I used brads for one and stapler for another. You can also use a hole puncher and ribbon tied at the top. Whatever you use, go about ½ inch in from the edge of the book.
- If you use a stapler cover the staples with ribbon.
- Now comes the fun part…decided what order you want your pictures to be. Go thru your book and find all the little hiding places you can put pictures and special sayings. Cut your background papers to fit each space. Use tags and create mini envelopes to put messages or more pictures. Be sure to use all sides front and back!
- Remember anything goes! Don’t be intimidated just be creative and have fun.
Check out other projects like this one in our 17 Recycled Handmade Paper Crafts collection!
Read Next135 Scrapbook Page Ideas
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 11, 2016
To add some interest and variety to your paper bag albums, experiment with folding them in different places. After folding, line the folds up and bind your album. Folding this way not only creates different size pages and pockets, but gives more visual interest to your project.
Apr 20, 2010
I DID THIS VERY THING FOR CHRISTMAS CARDS LAST YEAR!!!!!!! THESE COULD MAKE FUN LITTLE BOOKS FOR CHILDREN LEARNING THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS, ABC'S, 123'S, ANIMALS ETC..... THIS WAS A GREAT WAY TO USE OLD CHRISTMAS CARDS I HAD BEEN SAVING SINCE I GOT MARRIED ALMOST 21 YEARS AGO. NURSING HOME PEOPLES REALLY LOVE THEM. COULD GET COSTLY TRYING TO MAIL THESE. I JUST GAVE TO THOSE I COULD HAND DELIVER. I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS HERE. MAKES ME FEEL, I WASN'T TOO CRAZY WITH THE IDEA OF USING PAPER BAGS. PAPER BAGS COME IN DIFFERENT COLORS ALSO. HAVE FUN! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CREATIVE IDEA. LOVE DOLLY
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use