Violet's Deco Foiled Scarf
Learn how to make a bandana for your favorite furry friend with this adorable DIY craft.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "A fun, easy project using Therm-O-Web Deco Foil, Hot Melt Adhesive, a cotton kerchief, and a few dies. Simply cut the Hot Melt Adhesive using your die cutting machine, iron it onto fabric, apply the Deco Foil transfer sheets... and voila! A couple hours start to finish, and Miss Violet the Mini Pig got herself a sweet, shiny, personalized bandana. Try this on T-Shirts, canvas shopping bags, pillow cases... foil makes everything prettier!"
Use shiny and exciting DecoFoil to create a glamorous DIY bandana for your favorite pet. This precious pet craft idea shows you how to create a cute wearable that will make your pup or pig feel like the most stylish animal friend in the whole neighborhood. Follow along with the full tutorial for Violet's Deco Foiled Scarf, and you will love the result. This DIY craft requires a bandana, DecoFoil, die cuts, and more! Taking just a few hours to create, this beauteous bandana is sure to make your pet strut their stuff. Pig not included.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Therm-o-Web Deco Foil
- Therm-o-Web Deco Foil Hot Melt
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz Word Play Bigz XL Die
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz Butterfly Frenzy Strip Die
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz Spring Greenery Strip Die
- Marvy Black Fabric Marker
- Cotton Triangle Bandana
- Ranger Ink Craft Scraper
Cut a piece of Hot Melt Adhesive and a piece of parchment paper (which is included in the Hot Melt Package) to fit the die you’re using. Place the Hot Melt so the shiny side is up, and cover it with the parchment.
Run the die through your cutting machine.
Arrange your die-cuts, adhesive side down, onto your fabric.
Cover the fabric with a sheet of parchment and press it with an iron set on “Medium” for 30 seconds. Repeat this process until the entire surface of the fabric has been bonded.
Remove the parchment paper and let the fabric cool completely, then peel off the backing.
Cut your chosen color(s) of foil to fit the areas you wish. Be sure the color side of the foil is facing up.
Cover the fabric with parchment and slowly iron over the foil, using firm pressure, for 30-40 seconds. Remove the parchment.
I found it helpful to use a Craft Scraper to really press the foil into the adhesive when the project was just slightly warm. Once it’s cooled completely, peel away the foil sheet, and you’re left with shiny gorgeousness!
Use a fabric marker to outline the designs to give them more depth.
Dress up your dog, chic up your cat, or pep up your pig with these pet costume patterns - 8 Pet Halloween Costumes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Recessed Zippers-how To Take Away The Pain
- How To Make A Zipper Box Pocket In A Bag
- How Do I Sew That- Boxed Corners On A Bag
- Water Bottle Carrier Bag
- Crochet Mini Treat Bags
- Elastic Waist Skirt Pattern
- Basketweave Stitch (one Row Repeat) | Crafting Happiness
- Printable Father's Day Card
- The Perfect Father's Day Gift From Trash To Treasure
- Puff Rainbow Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home