Top Dog Holiday Hat
Get Fido in the holiday spirit with this Top Dog Holiday Hat from Erika Lindquist. It's made with items from the dollar section, so you can deck out the dog for cheap! Small dog clothes and accessories are a great way to use up odds and ends from your craft bin!
- A black hat (found this one in the doll section of Joann's - only 99 cents!)
- Red ribbon
- Green feathers
- Red and white chenille stems
- Elastic string
- Measure your dog from one side of chin where ear lays to the other side. Cut two pieces of elastic string and staple them to the bottom of each side of the hat to help secure hat to head.
- Attach red ribbon around the rim with glue.
- Attach green feathers on one side of hat with a dab of glue at the stem.
- Make a mini candy cane out of the chenille stem. The candy cane shown in this picture is for a 3-6 lb chihuhua.
- Apply candy cane on top of feathers with glue and cover up the stems of the feathers at the same time.
- Put it on and tilt it to the side!