Recycled Denim Dog Toy
The Recycled Denim Dog Toy is an easy craft for adults and kids and it will provide hours of fun for your dog. Pet toys, especially for dogs, do not last very long from the wear and tear of their mouths, so using recycled materials is a great way to be eco-friendly. You can use denim from an old pair of jeans or buy a pair for a dollar at a thrift store for this craft. On the plus side, there is no sewing involved for this dog toy, just braiding and knotting.
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
- 3 24-inch long strips of recycled denim
- Masking tape
- Join all three strips together at one end and tape to the work surface. You should have about 4-inches at the point that you begin braiding.
- Braid the three strands snugly together. Leave 4-inches at the bottom unbraided.
- Cut the center strip in half. Join one half with the left strand and the other half with the right strands. Tie the two double strands into a knot. Tie again and pull it tight.
- Repeat this process at the other end of the braid so that it is knotted at both ends.