Sparkly Pizza Box Spacer Pendant
Throw yourself a pizza party and celebrate with recycled plastic crafts! Create a Sparkly Pizza Box Pendant from Heidi Borchers when you're finished with your meal. Add as much glitter as possible to create a standout piece of wearable art. Talk about delicious!
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Pizza box spacer
- Drill with small drill bit
- Craft knife
- Glue brush – small
- Black paint (brush on or spray)
- Glitter (color(s) of your choice)
- Paper plate
- Large jump rings
- Washer (to glue on back of pendant)
- Optional: Aleene’s Acrylic Spray Sealer
- Use craft knife to cut legs off pizza spacer. Keep these leg pieces because you will be using them to glue into the pendant.
- Use craft knife to even any edges remaining after cutting off legs.
- Use craft knife to cut one end of leg into a point. Place the point into the center and hold piece in place.
- Use craft knife to cut away excess so that the cut piece will fit inside the pendant circle.
- Apply glue with toothpick in a narrow line. Glue piece in place. Repeat to create 6 sections. Let glue dry.
- Drill a small hole at top edge of pendant. Insert jump ring into hole. This will keep the hole open and free from glue and glitter in the next steps.Paint front and back of pendant with black paint. Let dry.
- Brush glue onto pendant, working matching glitter sections at one time.
- Sprinkle glitter over glue. Tap away excess glitter. Repeating gluing process and sprinkle with remaining color(s) of glitter. Let glue dry. If desired, spray over glitter with glossy sealer. Remove jump ring and replace with new jump ring. Glue rhinestone to center of pendant.
- Because the pizza box spacer is very lightweight, you might want to glue a washer to the back of your pendant to add weight.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Pizza Box Spacer Glittered Pendant.