Skinner Blend Polymer Pendant
The Skinner Blend Polymer Pendant project from Jenny Barnett Rohrs for Consumer Crafts is perfect for those of you who love making polymer clay jewelry. It's a super simple project that will give you that perfect pendant to match every outfit!
- Jill MacKay “Swirl” pendant with rhinestones in your choice of gold or silver JMC0351
- Coordinating 7mm jump ring 1880-99 or 1881-10
- 2 Blocks Sculpey polymer clay, pearl or white and orange (or desired colors) PFM1500
- Pasta machine 97340
- Polymer clay blade or sharp knife dedicated to polymer clay
- Pin or small awl
- Slice 1/2 inch chunks from your blocks of clay. Condition the clay individually by kneading with your hands or running through the pasta machine 10-15 times.
- Using the pasta machine, roll your clays individually into sheets about 4 inches by 5 inches. Cut each at an angle as shown in the picture below.
- Gently “smoosh” together the pieces, then fold the clay from the bottom edge to kiss the top edge. The most important thing to remember is that light stays on light, and dark stays on dark.
- Now, using the pasta machine, run it through the rollers. Always feed it into the pasta machine at the fold. Then, folding bottom to top, repeat another 5 times.
- Keep folding bottom to top and running it through the machine until the colors blend and you get a smooth gradient. Make sure your finished clay sheet is at least 1/8” thick.
- Remove the jump ring from the pendant and discard. Lay your pendant on top of the clay sheet, and trim all the way around using a craft knife or tissue blade.
- Using a pin, poke a hole through the place where the jump ring attaches and go through the clay. Place your pendant on a tile or scrap piece of white cardstock and bake according to manufacturer’s directions. (HINT: Tent the piece with foil to avoid scorching.) Remove from oven and let cool completely. Add a 7mm jump ring and your piece is ready to wear on your favorite chain!
Find this and other projects like it in our "Jewelry For You" free eBook from Consumer Crafts and Crafts Unleashed!
Read NextVintage Spoon Pendants
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.