Anchor's Aweigh Necklace
Upcycle a brown grocery bag and turn it into this awesome Anchor's Aweigh Necklace from Savannah Starr. This eco-friendly craft is great for any time of year and is a fun way to recycle items around your home. Wear your trash with pride with this fun pendant necklace. This is a fun and simple project that crafters of all skill levels can make.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Brown grocery bag
- Anchor pattern of your choice
- Hole punch – small (for jump ring)
- Cardboard (or gift card) for glue squeegee
- Lumiere Paints - several colors of your choice
- Cosmetic wedge sponge (cut into small pieces)
- Jump ring(s)
- Necklace chain
Cut bag into three pieces slightly larger than your pattern.
Trace pattern onto one layer.
Glue the three layers together using squeegee to apply a thin coat of glue between layers. Be sure you glue all the way out to the edges and that your pattern is the top layer.
While glue is still wet, cut with scissors along pattern line.
Punch hole at top.
To add dimension to the brown bag design, while glue is still wet, place over pencil and gently press around pencil to create dimension.
Set aside to dry completely.
Use sponge to apply paints to pendant starting with darkest color first. Apply lighter colors along edges as highlights. Let dry.
- Attach to necklace (or earring findings) with jump ring.