Celebrate cooler weather and fall colors with an Acorn Pendant from Linda Peterson. Autumn crafts are a great way to appreciate the beauty of nature and make an impression at the same time. To create this piece, all you'll need is 10 minutes and an eye for style.
- Copper wire – 24 and 20 gauge tarnished
- Vintage leaf charm
- Head pin
- Jump ring
- Round amethyst crystal bead in size of choice
- Bead cap
- Spacer beads of choice
- Ball chain or stringing material of choice.
- Round nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Wire snips
- Working off the spool and beginning approximately 1” from the end, create a loop by wrapping 20 gauge wire around round nose pliers. Wrap end of wire around loop to secure. Trim excess wire.
- Bend wire with fingers to form a curve. Bring up towards loop to create a teardrop shape and wrap around loop. Repeat for as many teardrops as desired. Wrap end around loop at top and snip off wire.
- Place 24 gauge wire over the top of leaf and wrap wire around leaf to secure. Trim excess wire leaving a 2” tail. Wrap end of wire around teardrop base to attach.
- Thread the amethyst bead, bead cap and spacer bead onto a headpin.
- Create a loop at the top.
- Attach to pendant with jump ring. Slide onto chain.
For a comprehensive video tutorial, check out How to Make an Acorn Themed Pendant.