Paper Scrap Art
With a few paper scraps and some glue, you can make a variety of art pieces, like this Paper Scrap Art piece. This cheap artwork design is unique and modern and can be customized to look however you'd like. Now you don't have to feel bad about saving all those paper scraps! This is also a great way to recycle greeting cards.
- 2 - 5.5” squares of white card stock
- Paper trimmer or scissors (craft knife and metal ruler would work too)
- Three contrasting colors of scraps
- Square frame (box frame is optional)
Cut a 5.5” square into 6 strips that are 5.5” wide and approximately 7/8” tall. The strips don’t need to have an exact height measurement.
Cut colored paper strips that are at least 1” tall and of varying widths (from 1/8” to ¼”).
Add a thin layer of glue to a strip of white card stock and randomly attach strips of paper. Repeat this process with all 6 strips of white card stock.
Place all strips with the color face down and cut the excess colored paper.
- Glue all 6 strips to the second square of white card stock. Wait for the piece to dry completely before placing it in the frame.