Bead Embellished Address Book
Here’s another dollar-store challenge! Transform a $1 purchase into a bead-embellished boutique item. Look for address books featuring flowers, and you can give them a cloisonné effect with metallic thread.
- Address book from a dollar or discount store
- 4” X 6” sheet of Treasure Tape
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik #12 Braid 094 Star Blue, 221 Antique Gold, 273 Red Orange, 091 Star Yellow, 2829 Seafoam (or colors to match your address book)
- Flat-backed flower buttons or cabochons
- Shallow pan or tray
Cover the front of your address book with the Treasure Tape sheet. (Cut to fit your book if needed, remove the white backing, and lay in place.) Remove red liner to expose sticky top.
Lay a flat-backed cabochon or flower bead in the center of several flowers.
Begin thread decorating. Match the Tapestry Braid color to your design colors, laying the thread in swirls, curves, and lines following the pattern on your address book.
- When thread embellishing is complete, lay the book in a shallow pan or tray, and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets. Swirl beads with your fingertips to fully cover the front of the address book.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Paper Crafts"
Featuring hundreds of free excellent paper crafts including free paper crafts for kids and paper cutting crafts as well as free card making templates and designs for handmade cards. Includes tons of templates, patterns, and ideas for thank you cards
There are no records