Mother Henna Video: heART Journal Part 1
In part 1, Kara L.C. Jones of Mother Henna demonstrates how to prep a old paper, wire-bound journal for layering and medium. She transforms a plain journal through the artistic process.
- plain old paper, wire-bound journal
- soft-medium acrylic gel
- acrylic paints
- circle cut-outs
- rubber head brayer
- paint brush
- You can play around with the number of pages you acrylic together to play with thickness of page/sets you end up working with.
- To mix up the base of pages, you can do the gesso layer in black gesso! Gives a dark base to play with for exploring light and texture!
- Try doing a cut out on the first page. Layer something showing through that cut out by sandwiching it in-between the pages when you acrylic them together.
- If you are trying to work with a journal that is not wire bound, but rather perfect bound, you can actually rip out a few pages here and there to make more room for all the layering you'll be doing.
- Mostly, this is all a playful experiment! You don't have to know the "right" way -- just play! Find YOUR way.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Paper Craft Videos"
Paper Craft Videos
Find paper craft videos, including paper craft technique video tutorials, paper craft product demonstrations, paper craft project videos and more.